DOJO RULES & ETIQUETTE
1. Never wear shoes or socks on the mat.
2. When not on the mat please wear shoes or sandals.
3. Please make sure your body, including feet and hands are clean.
4. Please clean your gi or training uniform after every practice session.
5. Make sure your gi and/or hakama are worn neatly and properly.
6. All gi and/or hakama should be in good condition free from holes, stains, fading, etc.
Respect for your uniform in turn shows respect for the art you are practicing.
7. Keep finger and toenails short.
8. No jewelry is to be worn during practice this includes watches, necklaces, bracelets, large wedding rings, etc.
( One exception I make is for wedding bands with smooth edges that fit snuggly)
9. Bow towards the shomen (front wall with the picture of O Sensei and calligraphy) when entering or exiting the practice room.
Bow in the direction of the shomen (front wall with picture of O Sensei
and calligraphy) before getting on or off the mat.
11. When practicing with a partner, always bow to them before beginning and ending practice.
If you arrive late to class please sit in seiza on the rear
corner of the mat and wait to be invited onto the mat by Sensei
13. If you need to leave class early please inform Sensei (Instructor) before class has started.
14. Please do not talk or leave the mat while Sensei (Instructor) is demonstrating or explaining something.
15. If you are injured in anyway please let the Instructor know A.S.A.P.
16. If you have previous injuries or medical conditions let Sensei know.
17. Please be aware of what is going on around you at all times.
18. During class time the mat is to be used for Aikido practice only.
19. No ego allowed on the mat.
20. Do not try to compete with your partner. There is no competition in Aikido.
21. Treat everyone with respect. You will be working with a variety of people all with different levels of experience.
22. Know your physical capabilities, if you are unable to do something that is perfectly okay.